Prof. Dr. Joseph Van VoAdvisor
PRACTITIONER PROFESSOR’S BIOJoseph VanVo, PDB, I/O PsyD, MBA, MA Dr. VanVo’s executive practitioner bio is summarized below: Professional: An I/O PsyD consultant since 1996 specializing in global business & management, sales & marketing; cross-culturally organizational development (OD) & organizational behavior (OB); HR selection-training-development, and leadership & team building; new product development & turnkey project management; product quality, operational efficiencies & customer services; new industrial & commercial & residential construction project management & financing. Consulting services have taken place in the United States, Asia, and Europe. Multi-dimensional Practitioner: (1) An active Industrial / Organizational (I/O PsyD) consultant; (2) Business Partner of EXP Realty (a global online brokerage with offices in 50 U.S. states, Europe, Asia, and South America; (3) Real estate broker/builder/developer/investor in industrial/commercial/residential real estates in the U.S. and Pacific Rim countries; (4) Adjunct faculty, and former Business Honors (BHON) & MBA program advisor, and dual member of the Faculty Senate’s Academic Policies Committee (APC) and Re-admission Subcommittee at California State University, Sacramento. Entrepreneurship: Founded/co-founded/owned several small & diversified businesses in the United States, Asia, and Europe – Apex Educational Institute, Aim Realty & Brokerage, Aim Mail & Shipping Center, College of Medical Arts, and JVM & Associates. Corporate: Had also been in executive management leadership at USG Corporation (a Fortune 500) and its USG International Pacific Rim Subsidiaries - Australia, China (People’s Republic of), Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan (Republic of China), Thailand, and Vietnam.
Academics: Formerly Chair of the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) & Doctor of Education – Leadership (EdD) at Argosy University Los Angeles & Orange County; and subsequently Dean of the College of Business & Information Technology at Argosy University. Dr. VanVo has taught undergraduate, graduate & doctorate levels at California State University Long Beach, Argosy University, University of Phoenix, Webster University, and the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department (LASD); and, internationally in both Asia & Europe, at universities in Australia, France, Greece, Republic of China, Thailand and Vietnam.
Education: A graduate of the University of Florida AACSB Certified Post-Doctoral Business PDB in Finance & Accounting; U.S. International University/Alliant International University PsyD & MA in Industrial/Organizational Psychology with specialization in Human Resource Management, and Organizational Behavior & Development; National University MBA in Business Administration;
Post-Graduate in Executive Management (USG/Kellogg School of Business) at Northwestern University, and Post-Doctoral Research on Individual Perception & Teambuilding with Dr. Robert Bales’ (founder of social psychology @ Harvard University) SYMLOG.
Prof. Dr. Martin FransmanAdvisor
BackgroundMartin Fransman is Professor Emeritus of Economics at the University of Edinburgh. Martin is an international expert in innovation and competitiveness. He has advised companies large and small and governments all over the world, including:
- Fortune 500: AT&T, France Telecom, Fujitsu, Mastercard, Michelin, NEC, Nokia, NTT, Siemens, Skype, Telefonica, Toyota, and Vodafone
- International organisations including the European Commission, ILO, OECD, UNCTAD, UNECLA, UNESCAP, UNIDO, and the World Bank
- Chinese government and Chinese state-owned enterprises at annual China Executive Leadership Programme (CELP)
- The UK Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS)
- Professor Emeritus of Economics, University of Edinburgh
- Visiting professor at several universities around the world
- Former NTT Professor at the Research Centre for Advanced Science and Technology (RCAST), University of Tokyo.
- Founder & Former Director of the Institute for Japanese-European Technology Studies (JETS), University of Edinburgh
- Thirteen books published
Prizes & Awards
- The Joseph Schumpeter Prize (Cambridge University Press), in the economics of innovation.
- The Wadsworth Prize (Oxford University Press) for the best business history book published in the UK, and
- The Japanese Prime Minister’s Ohira Prize (Cambridge University Press).
- Innovation Ecosystems: Increasing Competitiveness
- The New ICT Ecosystem: Implications for Europe
- The New Ict Ecosystem: Implications for Policy and Regulation
- Edinburgh, City of Funds. Investment Management in Scotland's Capital City
- The Market And Beyond: Cooperation And Competition In Information Technology Development In The Japanese System
- The New Ict Ecosystem
- A New Approach to the Study of Technological Capability in Less Developed Countries
- The Market and Beyond: Cooperation and Competition in Information Technology
- Technology and economic development
- Visions of Innovation: The Firm and Japan
- Machinery And Economic Development
- Telecoms in the Internet Age: From Boom to Bust To?
- Technological Capability In The Third World
- Japan's Computer and Communications Industry: The Evolution of Industrial Giants and Global Competitiveness
Prof. MD. Henrik KrarupAdvisor
- Prof. MD. Henrik Krarup
Duong Anh Tuan, PhDMolecular Biologist
Thong Tien Nguyen, PhDProject Manager
- Thong Tien Nguyen, PhD
- Postdoc Researcher at Copenhagen Business School
- Senior researcher at Syntesa Associates & Partner, Copenhagen
- Assistant Professor in Applied Economics & Marketing Research, University of Southern Denmark
- Lecturer in Business Economics, Nha Trang University, Vietnam
- Teaching courses in Corporate Finance, Financial Accounting, Managerial Finance, Development Finance, Economic Appraisal of Investment Project
- EU HORIZON
- EU PROJECT
Relevant Consultant Works
- Work Bank
- Korea Marine Institute
- IDV Consultancy Company
- EMD Joint Stock Company
- PhD in Business Economics (2009-2013), University of Southern Denmark
- Master in Natural Resource Economics and Management (2005-2007), Trømso University, Norway
- Diplomat in Applied Economics for Public Policy (2002-2003), Fulbright Economic Teaching Program in Vietnam, funded by United State Government and organized by Harvard University of USA. Including advanced courses in accounting, financial analysis, and appraisal of development expenditures
- Bachelor in Economics, Nha Trang University (1992-1997)
PublicationPeer-reviewed articles Menozzi, D., Nguyen, T. T., Sogari, G., Taskov, D., Lucas, S., Castro-Rial, J. L. S., & Mora, C. (2020). Consumers’ preferences and willingness to pay for fish products with health and environmental labels: Evidence from five European countries. Nutrients, 12(9), 2650. Group 1, BFI list 2020 Thong, N. T., Isaac Ankamah-Yeboah, Julia Bronnmann, Max Nielsen, Eva Roth, Birgit Schulze-Ehlers. (2020). Price transmission in the pangasius value chain from Vietnam to Germany. Aquaculture Reports, 16, 100266. A companion title to the respected Aquaculture in Group 2, BFI list 2020. Nguyen, G. V., Jolly, C. M., & Nguyen, T. T. (2020). Testing Market Power and Welfare Effects in the US Catfish Industry. Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, 1(ahead-of-print). Yang, Yingkui, Jingzheng Ren, Hans Stubbe Solgaard, Di Xu, and Thong Tien Nguyen. "Using multi‐criteria analysis to prioritize renewable energy home heating technologies." Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments 29 (2019): 36-43. Group 1, BFI list 2020 Thong, NT, Solgaard, H.S, Yinkui, Y., and Thanh, Q.B (2017). The role of packaging format, alcohol level and brand in consumer’s choice of beer: A best-worst scaling multi-profile approach. Food Quality and Preference., 65: 92-100. Group 2, BFI list 2020 Thong, N.T, Nielsen, M., Roth, E., Giap, N.V., Solgaard, H.S. (2017). The estimate of world demand for pangasius catfish (Pangasiusianodon hypopthalmus). Aquaculture Economics & Management, 21(03):400-417. Group 1, BFI list 2017 Thong, N.T., Solgaard, H.S., Wolfgang, H., Roth, E., Lars., R.J. (2018). Using labeled choice experiments to analyze demand structure and market position among seafood products. Agribusiness: An International Journal. 34(2): 163-189. https://doi.org/10.1002/agr.21504. Group 1, BFI list 2017 Thong, N. T., & Solgaard, H. S. (2017). Consumer’s food motives and seafood consumption. Food Quality and Preference, 56, 181-188. Group 2, BFI list 2020 Thong, N.T. (2012). Inverse Demand System for Mussel Products in Europe. Marine Resource Economics. 27(2): 149-164. Group 2, BFI list 2017 Thong, N.T. (2012). Implicit Price of Mussel Characteristics in the Auction Market. Journal of Aquaculture International. 20 (4):605–618. Group 1, BFI list 2017 Thong, N.T., & Olsen, S.O. (2012). Attitude toward and Consumption of Fish (Seafood) In Vietnam. Journal of Food Product Marketing. 18(2):79-95. Group 1, BFI list 2017 Peer-reviewed manuscripts in progress Hans Stubbe Solgaard, Yang, Yingkui & Thong Tien Nguyen. The influence of social desirability on consumers’ willingness to pay for fish welfare. Status: Under reviewed by Journal of Food Quality and Preference Nguyen Tien Thong, Sara Egemose, Lukasz Koziel, Lars Ravn-Jonsen4 Niels Vestergaard. Economic feasibility of using sand and concrete as filter materials for phosphorous retention in stormwater ponds. Status: Submitted version Thong Tien Nguyen & Menozzi Davide. Estimating purchase quantity effects and price elasticity in discrete choice experiment. Status: model estimation Thong Tien Nguyen. Consumer’s beliefs of health and environmental effects and trust on health certificate and eco-label of food: Survey of five European countries. Status: In preparation Book chapter Thong, N.T, Nguyen, D.H,. Huong, L.T.M., & Bich, P.T. Country case study: Sustainable Consumption and Production in Vietnam. SWITCH ASIAN book publication-Volume 1. Working papers Thong, N.T. 2011. Experimental Design for Competitive Brand Choice Model: General Framework and Application for Food Industry. Department of Environmental & Business Economics, University of Southern Denmark. Thong, N.T. 2012. Market Demand and Consumer Preference for Seafood: Literature Review. Department of Environmental & Business Economics, University of Southern Denmark. Conference presentations and proceedings Thong, N.T., & Olsen, S.O. (2008). Intention to Consume Fish (Seafood) in Vietnam. International Institute of Fisheries Economics & Trade (IIFET) Conference. July 22-25, Nha Trang, Viet Nam. Thong, N.T. (2010). Supply and Demand Analysis for Mussels in the EU market. International Institute of Fisheries Economics & Trade (IIFET) Conference. July 13-16, Montpellier, France. Thong, N.T. (2010). Hedonic price of mussel in auction market. International Institute of Fisheries Economics & Trade (IIFET) Conference. July 13-16, Montpellier, France. Thong, N.T. (2011). Labeled experimental choice design for estimating attribute and availability cross effects with N attributes and specific brand attribute levels. Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy (ANZMAC). November, 27-30, Perth, Australia. Thong, N.T., Solgaard, H.S., Wolfgang, H., Roth, E., Lars., R.J. (2012). Demand Structure & Market Segmentation for Seafood by Stated Preference Approach. International Institute of Fisheries Economics & Trade (IIFET) Conference. July 16-21, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Thong, N.T., Solgaard, H.S., Wolfgang, H., Roth, E., Lars., R.J. (2012). Valuing Seafood Attributes by Stated Choice Model. International Institute of Fisheries Economics & Trade (IIFET) Conference. July 16-21, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Thong, N.T., Solgaard, H.S., Roth, Giap NV. (2014). The world demand for pangasisus. International Institute of Fisheries Economics & Trade (IIFET) Conference. Brisbane, Australia, 7 – 11 July 2014. Thong, NT, Solgaard, H.S, Yinkui, Y., and Thanh, Q.B. Consumer’s Preference and Choice of Beer Brands in Vietnam. Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy (ANZMAC). December, 5-7, 2016 Christchurch, New Zealand. Language and Personal Interests
- Language: English (influence), Danish (functional), Vietnamese (mother tongue)
- Personal interests: Playing sport (soccer, badminton, and swimming), gardening, watching movies and reading books
- Marital status: Married, live with wife and kids
Awards & Scholarship
- 1992-1997: Full Scholarship for undergraduate program in economics, Nha Trang Universitty (five years)
- 1997: Best student award, Nha Trang University
- 2003: Full Scholarship for Postgraduate Program in Applied Economics for Public Policy, Fulbright Economics Teaching Program, Vietnam (one year)
- 2004: Full Scholarship for Postgraduate Program in fisheries policy and planning, United Nation University, Iceland (six months)
- 2005-2005: Full Scholarship for master’s degrees in international fisheries economics and management in Trømso University, Norwegian Government (NORAD) (Two years)
- 2009-2013: PhD Scholarship in University of Southern Denmark (3 years).
Reviewer of Journal
- Food Quality and Preference
- Economic Inquiry
- Asia Pacific International Journal of Marketing
- Behavioral economics
Yen Vu, MBAHead of Bussiness Development
Head of Business Development
- SKIOLD Group; Director of SKIOLD SEA
- Kim Long Securities Corporation; HR Manager
- World Vision; Capacity Building Officer
- Copenhagen Business School: MSEBA, Brand and Communications ManagementMSEBA, Brand and Communications Management
- Columbia Southern University: MBA, Business AdministrationMBA, Business Administration
- Foreign Trade University: Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.Sc.), Business/Managerial Economics
Hien Thi Thu Nguyen, PhDHead of biomedicine
Head of BiomedicineHien’s research expertise is in clinical research, and complex mixed microbial systems. She has a strong profile within NMR-based metabolomics and biomarker development on different medical research, including liver disease, liver cancer, endometroid cancer, Covid-19, pancreatic cancer, diabetes, healthy subjects; and microbial profiling. She has been involved in many different projects in both medical research, and microbial biotechnology. She is a dedicated, committed scientist, experienced in international collaboration, and an enthusiastic, effective supervisor with a passion for solving challenging problems in medical and biological science. Hien is member of the Vietnam Journal of Biotechnology Editorial Board; and mentor of Lead The Talent Denmark.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Environmental Biotechnology, Aalborg University
- Master's degree, Environmental Engineering and Biotechnology, Myongji University
- Bachelor of Science, Biotechnology, College of Science, National University, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Director of the Medical Translational Research Network, AVSE
- Director of the Taskforce Beyond Covid-19, Association of Vietnamese Scientists and Experts (AVSE Global)
Vang Le-Quy, PhDCEO
Vang Le-Quy, CEOGive advice and support for researchers to overcome entry barriers of data science and artificial intelligence. Setup SLURM cluster, and optimize massive parallel computing on NVIDIA GPUs and supercomputers. A bioinformatician for NGS data from microorganisms and clinical human samples. Work human genome variants for genetics disorders testing. Therefore also experienced with many public and commercial databases such as dbSNP, HGMD, dbNSFP, Ensembl, 1kG, etc, and software like GATK, samtools, Lifescope, CLC Genomics Workbench, and Torrent Suite. Be very keen on quality control, standardization and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
Specialties:+ Linux Server Administration. + Work daily with Python, R and Bash. + Less frequently work with Java, C, Scala and C++, and dropped using Perl. + Fluent both Emacs and Vim editors. + Bioinformatics infrastructure: setup and maintain: compute cluster, storage cluster. + MySQL, Database Applications, and popular file formats in bioinformatics such as BAM, VCF, GFF, SQLite, Genbank, etc.
Philosophy:Apply Buddhism as a lifestyle and philosophy. Optimization mind: continual self improvement for all things in life and work. At the same time, be mindful, happy and appreciate what I have. Highly respect life and love as the miracles of existence.
Languages:Speak Vietnamese, English, Danish and some Korean.
Martin ZachmannProgramming languages Thorough experience with OOP, mainly in C++ and Java, basic knowledge in Python. Working with Linux shells/bash for many years. Development and maintenance of new and existing simulation software (CLI) for users with different backgrounds in life science. Parallelization of own/external libraries via OpenMP, vectorization (SIMD) and MPI for Linux. Optimization of CPU-intensive algorithms for improved scaling (up to thousands of CPU cores). Scripts for dataconversions, analysis-tools and IO-processing in bash/Python. Basic knowledge of Maple and MATLAB. High Performance Computing Application of self-written and existing software on computing clusters and a supercomputer, the SuperMUC at the Leibniz-Rechenzentrum in Garching (see publications) employing the SLURM job scheduler. Application of existing software on NVIDIA-GPU cards. CI/CD Software development with version control via SVN as admin of our local repository. Basic knowledge of Maven and CMake. General Maintenance of our own computing cluster running Debian and the PBS job scheduler. Installation of new computing nodes, VM images and simulation software (e.g. GROMACS, AMBER). Good understanding of Microsoft Office, LibreOffice and LaTeX products. Creation of several manuals and instructions detailing our software for new students. Recently started to learn about web/cloud development with AWS. Education
- PhD student at Technical University of Munich (TUM)
- Physics degree from the University of Bayreuth
Le Ngoc LinhProject Coordination
- Global Learning & Performance, Amgen Australia
- Talent Acquisition, PwC Vietnam
- Learning & Development , FPT Information Systems
- Talent Acquisition, ABB Vietnam
- Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resources), Macquarie University
- Global Leadership Program (with Merit)
- Student Excellence Award from Vietnam Embassy in Australia
- Vietnamese Student Association in Sydney
- AIESEC Australia
Ha Van NghiaFull-Stack Developer
- Data Analyst, Techcombank
- Data Science, Viettel Business Solution
- Data Analyst and Data Engineer, FPT Software
- Data Analyst, Techcombank Security
- Python Developer, Vietsearch
- Bachelor’s Degree, National Economics University, Vietnam
Hong Nhung NguyenData Scientist
PERSONAL PROFILEHong - Nhung Nguyen received the B.S. degree in information technology and a master’s degree in software engineering from Hanoi National University (HVNU), Hanoi, Vietnam, in 2015 and 2018, respectively. In 2015, She spent nearly a year being an intern and working as a software engineer at NTT Data Vietnam. Since 2016, She works as a lecturer at the Faculty of Information Technology at Viet Tri industry University, Viet Nam. Currently, she is following the Ph.D. program in the IT Convergence Signal Processing Lab of Department of Electronic Engineering, Myongji University (MJU), Korea where she is advised by Prof. Yong-Hwa Kim. Her favorite research interests are machine learning and its applications in security and some applications of machine learning in software engineering.
- Automation Software Testing
- Web & Mobile app technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning in Cyber Security
- BS in Information Technology(2011), University of Engineering And Technology (UET), Vietnam National University,Hanoi(HVNU)
- Title of Thesis: “Automation Testing with Sikuli”. Advisors Prof. Dr Truong Anh Hoang
- MS in Software Engineering (2016), University of Engineering And Technology (UET), Vietnam National University,Hanoi(HVNU)
- Title of Thesis: “The research on generating automation testing code based on Behavior Driven Testing Scenario”. Advisors Prof. Dr Truong Anh Hoang
Le Thi Phuong KhanhProject Coordination
- PARIS SACLAY UNIVERSITY 10/2021 – PrésentMaster 1 – Innovation, Entreprise et SociatyThe program provides first-vision discovery, exposure and acculturation with the innovation ecosystem. The subjects taught are mainly economics and management, in addition to law, history or sociology, and many subjects related to innovation such as innovation and territory, the development of creativity of innovation, theories of data analysis, entrepreneurship, etc.
- PARIS 8 VINCENNES – SAINT – DENIS UNIVERSITY 2018 – 2021Bachelor – Economics and ManagementThe program focuses in depth on management expertise in many different areas such as project management, digital management, human resources management, management control etc.
- ARTOIS UNIVERSITY 2017 – 2018University Diploma in French as a Foreign Language for Higher EducationLevel – B2
SKILLSTechnology Pack Office, AI, Photoshop, Google tools, Canva, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, SPSS Languages – French; Level B2 – University Diploma
- English: Niveau C1 – EF SET English Certificate (C1 Advanced)
- Vietnamese: Native Speaker